From 09/2020 Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Automation, and Applied Physics, Technical University of Madrid, Spain.
05/2018 – 08/2019 Senior Researcher at the group of Materials, Institute of Nuclear Fusion, ETSII, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Technical University of Madrid). Topic: Modeling and simulation of plasmonic nanostructures upon irradiation with short laser pulses.
04/2015 – 05/2018 Research Associate at Prof. Velisa Vesovic’s group, Department of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Royal School of Mines, Imperial College London, UK. Topic: First principle calculations of transport properties for pure gases and mixtures at very low pressure within the framework of kinetic theory.
01/2013 – 04/2015 Research Assistant at Prof. Markus Meuwly’s group, Department of Chemistry, University of Basel, Switzerland. Topic: Reactive collisions of few-body systems at very low and very high temperatures.
Between 09/2002 and 09/2012 – Professor of General Physics for Engineering at the Department of Physics, University of Pinar del Río, Cuba.
11/2007 – 01/2009 Research Assistant at Prof. Koichi Yamashita’s group, Department of Chemical Systems Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo, Japan. Topics: Silicon-silicon oxide interfaces , ab initio calculations of Xe,Ar,Kr-NO(X,Sigma) interactions, and photo-induced processes in rare gas solids.
09/2003 – 09/2007 Ph.D. in Physics, Higher Institute of Technologies and Applied Sciences (InSTEC), Havana. (Ph.D. officially recognised by the Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain). Topic: Modelling and simulation of the structural relaxation of NO-doped kryton and xenon solids upon Rydberg photoexcitation of NO impurity. Supervisor: Prof. Jesús Rubayo Soneira.
Related articles in journals of the field:
– Study of the structural photoinduced dynamics of a solid Kr matrix with an NO impurity, Eur. Phys. J. D. 25 2 (2003) 149;
– NO in Kr and Xe solids: Molecular dynamics and normal mode analysis, J. Mol. Struct. (Theochem) 730 (1), 255 (2005);
– Dynamics of structural relaxation upon Rydberg excitation of an NO impurity in rare gas solid matrices, Phys. Stat. Solidi B 242 (2005) 1747;
– Normal and hyperspherical mode analysis of NO-doped Kr crystals upon Rydberg excitation of the impurity, J.Chem.Phys. 126, 174701 (2007);
– Ab initio ground and excited state potential energy surfaces for NO–Kr complex and dynamics of Kr solids with NO impurity, J. Chem. Phys. 126 (2007) 134315;
– Molecular Dynamics Simulations and Hyperspherical Mode Analysis of NO in Kr Crystals With the Use of Ab Initio Potential Energy Surfaces for the Kr-NO Complex, Int. J Quantum Chem, 108 (10), 1821 (2008).
Research periods in other universities during my PhD: (1) Prof. Eli Pollak’s group, Weizmann Institute of Sciences, Israel, from Sep. 2004 to Jan. 2005; and (2) Prof. Vincenzo Aquilanti’s group, Chemistry Department. University of Perugia, Italy, 2006.
International summer schools: (1) Summer School “Parallelization of Algorithms in Physics”. Trest, Czech Republic, September 2002; (2) Summer School “Chaos and Stability in Planetary Systems”, Helmholtz Institute for Supercomputational Physics, University of Potsdam, Germany, September 2003; and (3) Summer School “Theoretical and Computational Methods in Meso, Bio and Nano-science”, Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies, University of Frankfurt, July 2006.
09/2001 – 07/2003 M.Sc. in Nuclear Physics, Higher Institute of Technologies and Applied Sciences (InSTEC), Havana.
09/1995 – 07/2000 B.Sc. in Nuclear Physics, Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ISCTN), Havana. (B.Sc. in Physics officially recognised by the Ministry of Education of Spain).