Physics teaching interests
- Information and communication technologies & physics teaching.
- Introduction of statistical and probabilistic methods in secondary school, college and university (first year) physics courses.
- Reality immersive physics teaching. Out-of-classroom physics teaching.
- Introductory courses as a link between General and Higher Education.
- Development of professional competences from first-year physics university courses.
- Low cost technologies for physics teaching experiments in developing countries.
- Applied mathematics and education development.
- Development of strategies and tools for on-line and home-made physics teaching experiments.
Acoustic characterization of magnetic braking with a smartphone
Camila F. Marín Sepúlveda, Juan C. Castro-Palacio, Isabel Salinas, and Juan A. Monsoriu, The Physics Teacher 60, 706 (2022).
Characterization of linear light sources with the smartphone’s ambient light sensor
I. Salinas, M. H. Giménez, J.A. Monsoriu, and J. C. Castro-Palacio, The Physics Teacher 56, 562 (2018).
Direct visualization of mechanical beats by means of an oscillating smartphone
M. H. Giménez, J. C. Castro-Palacio, and J. A. Monsoriu, The Physics Teacher 55 (2017) 424.
Diffraction and spatial structure of electronic components of everyday use: motivating experiences for engineering students
J. J. Barreiro, A. Pons, J. C. Barreiro, J. C. Castro-Palacio, J. A. Monsoriu, Am. J. Phys. 82 (2014) 257-261.
Cover of Volume 82, Issue 3, March 2014, American Journal of Physics.
A quantitative analysis of coupled oscillations using mobile accelerometer sensors
J. C. Castro-Palacio, L. Velázquez-Abad, F. Giménez, J. A. Monsoriu, Eur. J. Phys. 34 (2013) 737–744.
Highlighted in Advances In Engineering website.
Using the mobile phone acceleration sensor in Physics experiments: free and damped harmonic oscillations
J. C. Castro-Palacio, L. Velázquez-Abad, M. H. Giménez, J. A. Monsoriu, Am. J. Phys. 81 (2013) 472-475.
Pioneer article on smartphone sensors and Physics teaching experiments in Higher Education.
You can find more on SmartPhysics project website.